» Boating and Safety Rules
Boating and Safety Rules
- Ages 14 & Under: Must be accompanied on the water by a parent or guardian (age 18 and older)
- Ages 15 to 17: May pedal/row unaccompanied on the water when a parent or guardian signs this boat rental agreement form. The waiver form must be presented in person by a parent or guardian
- Ages 18 & Up: May sign our waiver and pedal/row on their own
- Maximum of three people per rowboat or four people per pedal boat/electric boat
- Use of alcohol or other substances, which may impair judgment, is strictly prohibited
- Life jackets must be worn at all times
- Do not stand in the boats / Do not switch seats
- Do not bump into other boats
- Do not tip your boat intentionally
- Do not swim / Do not dive into the water
- The pedal boats/electric pedal boats hold up to 650 lbs (the electric boat the more weight you put in the slower they go.
- The row boats cannot exceed 450 lbs.
- Boat entry and exit instruction
- We do not offer boating lessons but a staff member will show you the basics to get you started
- If you have an emergency while on the boat, immediately call the emergency phone number displayed on the boat. If it is health or life threatening call both 911 and the displayed phone number.
- What to do if you fall out of the boat
- How to get our attention (waive arms, whistle, use mobile phone – our number is listed in every boat)
- If you see another boater in need of help, get our attention
- Remember: the fastest way to safety in an emergency situation is to pedal or row to the closest shoreline
Environment / Wildlife
- Stay clear of wildlife
- Docking on the islands is prohibited
- Do not feed the wildlife
- Do not litter
- Be safe. Have fun.